Excitement for the Upcoming Basketball Season

By Morgan King

staff writer

Senior Megan George
courtesy of Tom Reynolds
It’s early in the 2016-17 basketball season and everyone has high hopes for the young girls varsity basketball team. With only three seniors and a new coach, everything is new. “I’m looking forward to seeing their leadership and how they guide our team, especially because we’re so young,” Northview gym teacher and new coach Rose Antrim said about the seniors. The three seniors are Alaina Murphy, Brooke Duffy, and Megan George. “I’m really excited to see what this season will bring,” senior Murphy said. She also added that despite the fact that the team is young and small, they have talent. “We all work together really well. I’m really glad that for my final season I get to do it with the team and coaching staff I love,” senior Megan George said.  After four weeks of practice, a win is not the only thing they’re looking for this season. “I’m looking forward to becoming a family over the course of the season,” Brooke Duffy said. They’re all optimistic as to what this season will bring. 
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment